- High speed planetary ball mill (up to 650 rpm)
- Produces fine powders 40-200 µm in size
- Grinding balls and bowls in a range of materials and capacities
- Maximum useful sample capacity of 450 ml
- User friendly safe-lock-system to prevent accidents
- Easily grind hard, medium-hard, brittle and moist materials
As grinding media we recommend either zirconia or for harder materials tungsten carbide if you are not sure, this will suit the majority of applications. The maximum feed size is 10mm in diameter.
A typical mill to reduce the size of the solid and to produce a homogenous powder, which can be used in the pellet press, is a Planetary ball mill. The P6 is able to work with one 250ml bowl for 100ml of sample or with two 80ml bowls with 30ml of sample.
The specification for the particle size is typically < 45 µm. After 10 minutes of grinding cement clinker in a 250 ml bowl the following particle size distribution is obtained:
The result is that 99.4% of the sample is reduced to under 45 µm after ten minutes. The two peaks correspond to material found at the center (larger particles) and edges (smaller particles) of the bowl.